Wednesday, January 23, 2008

.NET Web Service error - "The test form is only available for requests from the local machine"

I faced this error before and I already solved it.

I had created a window service application that will call web service functions that located at my local PC. The application is working as what I did and required. However, after I has migrated the web service application to Server (or different PC) and I changed my window service application to call the web service functions at Server, the application cannot work.

Then, I tried to browse to the web service at Server using Internet Browser, when I click the function, it showed the message – “The test form is only available for requests from the local machine”.

After that, I found the solution to solve it. I just added in some code into the Web.config for the Web Service application. The code is like below:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
      <webServices>
         <protocols>
            <add name="HttpGet"/>
            <add name="HttpPost"/>
         </protocols>
      </webServices>
   </system.web>
</configuration>


Cheer! Happy Programming!

0 comments: